most hopes come with the best intentions. it starts with a dream or idea that you can't shake off and you decide you must have it. the longer you think about it the more you want it and so you make a plan. put pencil to paper and start jotting down notes and building the pathway to what you want that keeps itching at you. even though it scares you, you put yourself in motion and start gathering what you need. preparing. with each action you trustingly get closer and closer to bringing that dream of yours to fruition.
baking absolutely like that. particularly to me and i'm sure to some of you out there too.
just a tasty idea itching to be brought to life at the back of your brain.
for me there is always a strategy, a list of ingredients, the proper preparations and precautions.
everything in there places please.
you can make sugar more special.. use a fork to mix it with citrus zest - ooh la la. for this bundt cake i went for the hat-trick and used orange, lemon AND lime. whoa.. i know. being bold is necessary though.
see ..how magical?
grease, flour and prep every nook of your pan. not kidding, do it right.
your work is done, you've put in the effort and you're almost at that finish line that you've been envisioning.
the only thing left to do is scrape together the pieces of yourself and try again. find a new method, take a moment and learn from what happened.
but there are also always new dreams to dream too.
life isn't always pretty but it's worth a try every time. when you expect something to go one way and it doesn't that's when you have to remember that the crumbs are just as scrumptious as the whole cake.
Citrus Bundt Cake
- 1 cup olive oil
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour, sifted
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tbsp lime zest
in 2 separate small bowls
- using a fork mix together lime & lemon zest into first cup of sugar until it becomes extremely fragrant. repeat process with second cup of sugar and the orange zest.
in a kitchen aid stand mixer with a paddle attachment
- blend olive oil with both infused sugars. add eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl each time. add orange juice and continue to mix for 4 mins. slowly add dry ingredients until just incorporated.
preheat oven to 375
- greasing the bundt pan is super important, make sure to get in every nook and cranny. a little extra flour to help do the job.
- bake for 1 hour to an hour and 15 mins. clean toothpick test!